Advocating for Private Duty Providers
HCAF continually advocates to policymakers in Tallahassee on behalf of home care providers and the patients/clients they servce. We fight for better reimbursement and fairer regulations in order to support honest home care providers in our state.
Currently, our efforts include:
- Fighting for an increase in Medicaid reimbursement rates in light of the $15 minimum wage increase.
- Ensuring that home care front-line staff have immediate access to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Preventing an overly burdensome and costly increase in Alzheimer's and dementia-related training requirements for all home health agency personnel.
Here are some of the ways HCAF has been successful in lobbying on your behalf in recent years:
- Eliminated the so-called “10-mile rule” to allow agency owners to own more than one home health agency within a 10-mile radius.
- Eliminated the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) quarterly report for all home care providers as of July 1, 2015.
- Exempted non-skilled agencies from the requirement to be accredited as of July 1, 2014.
- Advocated a delay in the start of the employer mandate provisions, explaining to administration officials that access to care would be significantly jeopardized by these requirements.
HCAF is the most up-to-date source for all regulatory changes. Knowledgeable staff is willing and able to answer all your regulatory questions. In addition, HCAF has created strong ties with AHCA over the years and can offer you immediate support and guidance during a difficult state survey. Providers who have either been in disagreement with survey findings or are unfamiliar with the regulatory requirements have turned to HCAF for this kind of support. HCAF has advocated on behalf of these members on numerous occasions and obtained favorable outcomes, which in turn spared these providers thousands of dollars in fines.
For More Information
For more information, email Kristen Wheeler, Director of Private Duty Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 222-8967.