Committees & Task Forces:
The following are HCAF's standing committees and task forces that provide opportunities for member involvement. For more information or to report a website bug, broken link, or inaccuracy, please send us a message or call (850) 222-8967.
There are four standing Committees, three of which are open to members in good standing.
- Executive Committee – Consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer of the Board of Directors. Except for the power to amend the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, the Executive Committee shall have all the powers and authority of the Board in the intervals between meetings of the Board, subject to the direction and control of the Board. Any actions or business transacted by the Executive Committee will be reported back to the full Board. At any time the Executive Committee could offer guidance on a particular issue or decide to defer to the full Board.
- Finance and Audit Committee – Consists of the Treasurer (who serves as the Committee Chair), the President, three Board members selected by a majority vote of the Board, and general members elected at large. The Committee prepares an annual budget and recommends this budget to the Board at least 35 days prior to the Annual Conference & Trade Show. The final budget is subject to the approval of the full Board.
- Home Care Political Action Committee – Promotes and strives for improvement of government by encouraging and stimulating home care agencies and others to take a more active and effective part in governmental affairs and the political process.
- Leadership Development Committee – Consists of members selected by a majority vote of the Board. The Committee identifies potential candidates and spheres of influence; chooses a slate of qualified candidates for all Board positions to be filled at the Annual Conference & Trade Show; assists with the orientation of new Board members; and, helps evaluate the Board’s performance.
The Board of Directors or the President may establish, from time to time, a Task Force for specific purposes and objectives. Unless otherwise directed by the Board, the President shall appoint members and chairpersons of any Task Force.
- All-Hazards Emergency Management Team Task Force – Facilitates organizational cooperation and communication related to the planning, response, and recovery phases of declared hazards in the State of Florida.
- Education Task Force – Assists in planning HCAF's education curriculum and learning resources.
- Governmental Affairs Task Force – Monitors state and federal legislation and regulations that impact home care providers.
- Medicaid Task Force – Focuses on statutes, regulations, and other policies related to the Florida Medicaid program, including the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care program.
- Private Duty Task Force – Advances the licensed-only home care sector and HCAF membership program.