The Home Care Association of Florida (HCAF) hosts the annual Private Care Symposium, a full-day professional development program designed for private pay home care providers.
This year's program will begin with an evening reception on Wednesday, October 4, followed by a full day of sessions and networking on Thursday, October 5.
Join an impressive array of industry leaders and influencers for this one-of-a-kind event by registering today!
The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
4860 West Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33609
The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, is a unique and stylish hotel that defines an authentically modern Florida lifestyle. The Westshore Grand offers a distinctive, luxurious Florida-inspired design and an energetic and service-minded atmosphere. Conveniently located in the Westshore business district, just five miles from downtown Tampa and the Tampa Convention Center our hotel is ideal for business and for play. Guests can take advantage of the rooftop pool and spacious accommodations.
HCAF has secured a discounted group rate of $169 per night plus the 14.5% room tax. This discounted group rate is available for stays between October 2-7, 2023, and includes the following amenities:
- WiFi Internet service in all guest rooms and public areas within the hotel
- Free self-parking
- Free shuttle to and from Tampa International Airport
The deadline to book your stay at the group rate is Wednesday, September 13, 2023. Any unreserved rooms by this date will be released back into general inventory and reservations will be accepted on a space and rate-available basis.
Wednesday, October 4
Onsite registration and attendee check-in will open at 4:30 PM on the Outdoor Broadwalk located behind the Hollywood Beach Marriott. Please stop by to retrieve attendee materials and name badge before the welcome reception.
Thursday, October 20
Registration and attendee check-in begin at 7:00 AM in the Grand Ballroom foyer. There will be a traditional country breakfast provided.
10:00 AM | MORNING BREAK — REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED
3:00 PM | AFTERNOON BREAK — REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED
- Chief Executive Officer & Owner, Solutions for Care, Inc.
Nancy E. Allen, BSN, RNC, CMC, is the Chief Executive Officer and owner of Solutions for Care, Inc., a consulting company specializing in community-based health care and care management. Nancy’s passion includes assisting providers to develop effective operations for compliance to deliver quantifiable outcome-driven patient care. Her many years of experience include clinical, administrative, provider, and 10 years as a state and accreditation surveyor. Nancy is certified as a Clinical Specialist in Home Health, Care Management, and as a Long-Term Care Surveyor. Nancy has served as a Corporate Integrity Monitor for the Office of Inspector General and as a Medicare Hearing Officer for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Fair Hearing Department where she conducted and adjudicated federal administrative hearings.
With a team from the University of Hawaii, Nancy serves as an educator and resource in the development of community-based health care in the Pacific islands of the Republic of Palau and American Samoa. Nancy is a contributing author to the Handbook for Home Health Administration and numerous other articles in national home care publications. Her recently updated book, Survivor! Ten Practical Steps to Survey Survival, has helped many achieve deficiency-free surveys.
- Director of Private Duty Services, Home Care Association of Florida
Renee Bush, MSM-HA, CPC, has more than 25 years of experience across health care, operational management, public policy, regulatory compliance, process improvement, quality assurance, and sales and marketing. Her previous experience includes serving as CEO of a network of eight Federally Qualified Community Health Centers (FQHCs) in Northeast Florida for nearly a decade and serving as chief of staff to a Florida state legislator before that. These and other experiences have kept her in touch with Medicare and Medicaid officials; Medicare Advantage, Accountable Care Organization (ACO), and other managed care plan administrators; and accrediting body representatives.
Renee holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida as well as a Master of Science in Management and Healthcare Administration (cum laude) from Troy University. She earned certificates from the Bank of America Institute for Women's Entrepreneurship at Cornell University and the National Institute of Health (NIH)/Morehouse School of Medicine's Community Health Worker program. In addition, she holds a national certification in Health Center Governance from the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) and is certified as a Certified Procedural Coder by the American Academy of Procedural Coders.
- Chief Operating Officer, Tidal Healthcare Consulting, LLC
Christina Crumbley, RN, MSN, is the Chief Operating Officer at Tidal Healthcare Consulting, LLC. She has over 30 years of experience in home health operations, quality assurance/performance improvement, clinical management, finance, and business development, including 26 years in leadership positions. Through her company, Tidal Healthcare Consulting, LLC, she has provided consulting services focusing on home health operational and clinical management, ICD-10 coding, and OASIS review, as well as an emphasis on education. In her role as a contract surveyor for the Accreditation for Commission for Health Care (ACHC), she performs surveys across the country for home health and private duty agencies.
- Chief Financial Officer, Mentor, Trainer & Entrepreneur, Optimum RTS
As a seasoned sales professional and national trainer for Heartland Home Health and Home & Hospice Advantage, John E. Dalton has developed a clear understanding of each personality type and its influencing factors related to learning. This experience has not only led him to understand his audience when presenting material, but it has also provided him with the insight to explain the key factors of each unique generation in the workforce.
- Director of People Services, Whirks
Greg Henderson brings over 20 years of military experience and operational knowledge into working first-hand with his clients as the HRO Manager at Whirks. He is engaged in helping small business owners establish awe-inspiring organizations by enhancing their HR solutions to provide purpose, direction, and motivation through an innovative and personable approach. Greg was recently invited to be a member of the exclusive Forbes Human Resources Council and is a regular editorial contributor for Forbes. Host of a weekly LinkedIn video series called From Boots to Loafers, Greg draws on his past military leadership as a focal point for today’s leaders. Greg has a passion to help small business owners achieve their goals which continue to fuel Whirks' mission for its clients and itself, to get one step better every day. Greg is married to Amanda and they have five children. When he is not in the office, Greg enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and going on daily adventures.
- President, McLabson Consult Ed
Margherita C. Labson, BSN, MS, CPHQ, CCM, is a veteran health care professional and registered nurse who has specialized in the provision of health care services in the home since 1977 from multi-operational and academic perspectives. She is an experienced lecturer and educator as well as a published author. In 2020, she concluded her career with The Joint Commission after serving 25 years first as a representative in the surveyor cadre and then 14 years as the Executive Director of the Home Care Program. She has continually served as a member of various expert technical review panels, advisory, and steering committees for the Home Health Quality Initiative (HHQI), the Center for Home Care Policy and Research of the VNSNY, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), and others. She is the President MCLabson Consult Ed, servicing the home care industry.
- Executive Director, Home Care Association of Florida
Bobby Lolley, RN, is HCAF’s Executive Director. He has worked in the home care industry for more than 20 years. His home care experience ranges from being a per diem staff nurse providing care to patients in a small rural community, to a regional director for a large national chain. He often says he has done just about every job there is in the home care sector, but still remembers his first home visit: “I was standing there in this little old lady's house and a feeling came over me that I had finally come home — I knew then and there this would be where I would spend the remainder of my professional life.” His faith and passion for home care have never wavered since. Bobby graduated cum laude from Valdosta State University in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- System Director, Health First Homecare, Private Duty & Staffing Services
Currently serving as the System Director for Health First Homecare, Private Duty, and Staffing Services, Michelle Rogers brings over 30 years of homecare leadership experience to the industry. As an associate of Health First, Inc. for over 23 years, Michelle also held a corporate role, overseeing the Outpatient and Wellness Division which included hospice, home health, Private Duty, medical equipment, family pharmacy, and several others. Prior to joining Health First, Michelle served as Senior Operations Director of Shands HomeCare, where she managed 17 home health offices across Florida. Michelle holds a Master’s degree in Health Care Administration and undergraduate degrees in Management and Marketing. She has served on the HCAF Board of Directors as the Private Duty representative and currently serves as the District 9 Representative.
HCAF welcomes sponsors to help support the 6th Annual Private Care Symposium. In addition to sponsor packages, à la carte options are also available. Space is limited and some benefits are based on the order of commitment, so secure your sponsorship now!
Sponsor fees listed below are applicable to HCAF members only. Prospective members may sponsor and advertise at double the listed rates. Click here to learn about membership. For more information, please contact us.
All package sponsors will receive attendee registration lists via email on September 27 and October 11. Access to electrical power may not be available. Standard WiFi access is available free of charge.
Donate a Prize for the Event Raffle!
Prize announcements will be included in attendee materials and event-related email promotions. Attendees earn raffle entries only by networking with sponsors at the welcome reception on October 4 or by visiting with sponsors at their reserved table during the program on October 5. Prizes will be awarded throughout the day of the program. Participating sponsors will have the opportunity to draw a winner from among the raffle tickets that HCAF staff will collect. A sponsor representative is welcome to announce the winner and award them with their prize. To participate, please contact Patti Heid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$1,500 Silver Package valued at over $3,000 and includes:
- Tabletop display inside the session ballroom during breakfast, lunch, and the morning and afternoon breaks (valued at $2,000)
- Complimentary registration for one (1) organization representative to attend the event (valued at $229)
- Your company logo and link on all email correspondences related to the symposium (valued at $500)
- Your company logo and link on our symposium website and event registration page (valued at $200)
- Your company ad/slide and logo included in the looping presentation between sessions (valued at $100)
- Recognition in a handout that acknowledges your level of sponsorship (valued at $50)
- Your company logo on event signage (valued at $200)
- Complimentary attendance for one (1) company representative at the October 4th Welcome Reception from 5:30-6:30 p.m.. Additional company representatives are welcome to join the reception at a cost of $100/per person.
$2,500 Gold Package valued at over $5,000 and includes:
All the perks of the Silver package, plus…
- Recognition of sponsorship of the morning and afternoon breaks (valued at $1,000)
- Distribution of your company's marketing flyer (you print and ship to HCAF) to all attendees (valued at $229)
- Placement of your company’s branded promotional item (that you ship to HCAF) on either the registration tables or the session rooms tables. Branded items could include, but are not limited to, name badge lanyards, pens, pads of paper, mints, etc., and are honored on a first-to-commit basis.
- A free half-page black and white ad within the handout booklet, if provided by September 20th. Preferential placement of ads will be based on the level of sponsorship and the date the ad is received.
- One additional complimentary registration, for a total of two company representatives to attend the event. These registrations are transferable (valued at $229)
- Placement of your company’s pop-up banner within our event registration area or session room.
- An additional complimentary attendance for one company representative (for a total of two) at the October 4th Welcome Reception from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Additional company representatives are welcome to join the reception at a cost of $100/per person.
$3,500 Platinum Package valued at more than $8,000 and includes:
All of the perks of Silver and Gold packages, plus…
- Introduction of a session speaker, based on availability and order of sponsorship commitment (priceless exposure and brand awareness opportunity!)
- Play a short (1 – 2 minute) video ad prior to your speaker introduction, if provided by October 14th
- A free full-page black and white ad within the handout booklet (in place of the free half-page ad), if provided by September 29th Inclusion of your company logo printed in color on the cover of the attendee handout booklet
- Opportunity to be a featured speaker at an upcoming Private Duty Lunch Chat webinar. . This gives HCAF an opportunity to remind attendees of your generous sponsorship and participation in the Symposium. (priceless exposure and brand awareness opportunity!)
- Recognition of sponsorship of the morning breakfast and the afternoon lunch (valued at $3,000)
- Your company logo on printed sign-in attendee rosters (valued at $50)
- Inclusion of your logo on event podium signage
- Opportunity to be HCAF’s “Featured Blogger”. This is an opportunity to showcase your company as an industry expert on a relevant topic that is determined by HCAF and your company (priceless exposure and brand awareness opportunity!)
- Two additional complimentary registrations, for a total of three company representatives to attend the event. These registrations are transferable (valued at $458)
- Additional complimentary attendance for company representatives (for a total of three) at the October 4th Welcome Reception from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Outdoor Broadwalk. Additional company representatives are welcome to join the reception at a cost of $100/person.
- Early access to select an exhibitor booth for the HomeCareCon 35th Annual Conference & Trade Show, which will be held July 16-19, 2024, in Orlando (priceless opportunity!)
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be made in writing or by email to Julia Heath at email@example.com on or before October 5 to receive a refund minus a 30% administrative fee. No cancellation refunds will be made after that date, and all outstanding balances will be due in full.
Register online or call (850) 222-8967 to register by phone. HCAF members receive a discount on registration! Please log in to your profile before registering to receive the discount. Registration rates increase by $50 after October 4. By registering for this event, you are agreeing to our payments, cancellation, and substitution policies.