There are four standing Committees, three of which are open to Members in good standing.
- Executive Committee – Consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, who serves as committee Chair. Responsibilities include preparing an annual budget and recommending this budget to the Board at least 35 days prior to the Annual Conference & Trade Show. The final budget is subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Finance and Audit Committee – Prepares annual budget and recommends the budget to the Board of Directors at least 35 days prior to the Annual Conference & Trade Show. The final budget is subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Home Care Political Action Committee – Promotes and strives for improvement of government by encouraging and stimulating home care agencies and others to take a more active and effective part in governmental affairs and the political process.
- Leadership Development Committee – Chooses a slate of qualified candidates for all positions to be filled at the General Membership meeting. Membership consists of HCAF members selected by majority vote of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors or the President may establish, from time to time, a Task Force for specific purposes and objectives. Unless otherwise directed by the Board, the President shall appoint Members and chairpersons of any Task Force.
- All Hazards Emergency Management Team Task Force – Facilitates organizational cooperation and communication related to the planning, response, and recovery phases of declared hazards in the state of Florida.
- Education Task Force – Assists in planning HCAF's education curriculum and learning resources.
- Governmental Affairs Task Force – Monitors state and federal legislation and regulations that could impact home care providers. Membership consists of HCAF members interested in governmental affairs and advocacy activities.
- Medicaid Task Force – Focuses on improving the home care industry's part in working with the Florida Medicaid program.
- Private Duty Task Force – Advances the Private Duty industry and membership benefits for licensed-only providers in Florida.
- Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC) Task Force – Organized in July 2017 to address aggressive tactics by Florida’s Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC) auditor, SafeGuard Services. The purpose of the Task Force brings together a broad-based coalition of leaders who are willing to collaborate and formulate solutions for policy makers to reform ZPIC audit practices.
Click here to join a Committee or Task Force.