Here in Florida we have a lot of challenges coming our way in the next few years, but many smart folks in our industry are saying that the greatest challenge will be the recruiting and retaining of high-quality staff within our organizations. In fact, our industry's staff turnover reached 82% as of last month – an all-time high. HCAF can help your agency navigate this undeniable challenge!
About the Survey
For many years now, HCAF has been conducting a compensation and fringe benefit survey of the home care industry in Florida. It is the only survey that focuses exclusively on wage and benefits data for Florida home care providers. We want to continue helping providers understand how agencies around the state are compensating their employees so they can remain competitive by collecting this data through a secure and confidential Microsoft Excel toolkit. Participation is open to all Florida home care providers.
Every year we strive to improve the survey questionnaire and report. Some improvements worth noting:
- We have created a separate and simplified version of the questionnaire for those that are strictly Private Duty.
- We are requesting the number of licensed locations in each region that your data represents. If your pay rates or benefits vary by region, we would love to receive separate questionnaires for each of your regions. If the same rates and benefits apply to multiple locations and districts, we would like to know how many it represents for more accurate calculations of weighted averages.
- We combined the sections for differential amounts and percentages. (Reminder: Differentials are only the amount above and beyond your usual pay rates.)
- We also combined the clinical pay rates of per hour and per visit into a single section.
By collecting and reporting the survey electronically, we save printing, postage, and data entry costs while also being less wasteful. It is our hope that you will find it to be a more convenient and efficient process for storing and reviewing the report.
As always, participation is open to all home care agencies in the state, regardless of HCAF membership, so please spread the word!
There are important advantages to participating, both personal and organizational:
- Respondents receive a complimentary copy of the final report! HCAF members who do not submit a survey seeking a copy can purchase one for $250. Prospective members will pay $350.
- The more participation, the more accurate the findings. If we do not receive enough completed surveys, the report will not accurately reflect the market.
- If enough responses from agencies operating in a particular Florida health care region are received, a region-specific report will be created in addition to the statewide findings.
How to Participate
Download the Excel file below that is applicable to your agency's license type. Click here to access job description definitions as you prepare your survey submission. Once it is completed, please send it to Monica Smith, Deputy Director, at email@example.com. All data will remain strictly confidential.
If you participated in last year's survey, you should have already received a pre-filled survey within the past 24 hours in this year's format. If you have not received it but should have, please contact Adara Sloane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit the survey is Labor Day, September 2, 2019.