HCAF is pleased to announce our alliance with the National Society of Health Coaches (NSHC) in order to provide HCAF members great discounts on NSHC’s health coach education and certification program: Evidence-based Health Coaching (EBHC)® for Healthcare Providers, 3rd Ed.
Ranked first in the nation among the most popular health coaching programs, it is uniquely designed for the busy healthcare professional and allied healthcare provider!
Evidence Based Health Coaching (EBHC®), founded in the science of Motivational Interviewing (MI), is a style of engaging the patient/client that guides (not directs) the agenda and taps into his/her own personal motivation to change unhealthy behavior. Unlike our traditional health teaching methods we've used in the past, NSHC's program includes MI concepts and strategies to help achieve this end.
Approved for continuing education credit through Boards of Nursing and the American College of Sports Medicine, NSHC's program is designed to provide exciting, new strategies by which to actively engage patients/clients to maintain optimal health and wellness, and reduce or minimize acute exacerbations associated with chronic conditions that affect quality outcomes and cost.
Developed by clinicians for clinicians, practitioners and allied health, NSHC's health coach training and certification program establishes the gold standard in EBHC® for health care providers.
The Lead Clinical Coaches at NSHC understand first-hand your demanding work schedules and the challenges faced in assisting patients/clients to live healthier lives and to better self-manage chronic conditions. Its program was developed with these important aspects in mind!
Click here to see the full program content.
NSHC Users have achieved improved outcomes in:
- Diabetes management
- Medication management
- Weight loss and maintenance
- Heart health
- Stress management
NSHC’s Health Coach Training and Certification Program includes:
- Free one year membership;
- Free continuing education units (28.2 for 60-minute contact hour; 33.8 for 50-minute contact hour);
- Free single test attempt when taken within 12 months of purchase;
- Free webinars, video clips, articles, resources, and tools;
- Convenient online testing;
- Health wellness and prevention (smoking cessation, weight loss, stress management);
- Motivational interviewing for clinicians;
- Personal support via phone and email
- Contains evidence based practice clinical interventions for congestive heart failure, hypertension, coronary artery disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, depression, pain, and pressure ulcers;
- Program Manual
- Audio CD
- Quick Reference Pocket Guide
- Online study resources
Regularly priced at $465 plus shipping and handling, this program is available to HCAF members at a discount of $425 plus $20 shipping and handling. Click here to access the custom ordering site created for HCAF members
and make sure to use the HCAF group ID code 757623 when you order to receive your discount!
To learn more, visit NSHCOA.com, email email@example.com, or call (866) 838-1260.