HCAF is pleased to announce our alliance with the National Society of Health Coaches (NSHC) in order to provide HCAF members great discounts on NSHC’s health coach education and certification program: Evidence-based Health Coaching (EBHC)® for Healthcare Providers, 4th Ed.
Ranked first in the nation among the most popular health coaching programs, it is uniquely designed for the busy healthcare professional and allied healthcare provider!
Evidence Based Health Coaching (EBHC®), founded in the science of Motivational Interviewing (MI), is a style of engaging the patient/client that guides (not directs) the agenda and taps into his/her own personal motivation to change unhealthy behavior. Unlike our traditional health teaching methods we've used in the past, NSHC's program includes MI concepts and strategies to help achieve this end.
Approved for 42 continuing education contact hours through Scully Health Mgt for Nursing and PT, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the CDR, NSHC's program is designed to actively engage patients/clients to maintain optimal health and wellness, and reduce or minimize acute exacerbations associated with chronic conditions that affect quality outcomes and cost.
Click here to see the full program content.
The retail price of this program is $595.
HCAF Member Discount: $545. Click here to access the custom ordering site created for HCAF members. Use HCAF group ID code "757623" when you order to receive your discount! (This is not a password.)
To learn more, visit NHSCOA.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 838-1260.
NSHC Users have achieved improved outcomes in:
- Diabetes management
- Medication management
- Weight loss and maintenance
- Heart health
- Stress management
NSHC’s Health Coach Training and Certification Program includes:
- Free one year membership;
- Free continuing education units (28.2 for 60-minute contact hour; 33.8 for 50-minute contact hour);
- Free single test attempt when taken within 12 months of purchase;
- Free webinars, video clips, articles, resources, and tools;
- Convenient online testing;
- Health wellness and prevention (smoking cessation, weight loss, stress management);
- Motivational interviewing for clinicians;
- Personal support via phone and email
- Contains evidence based practice clinical interventions for congestive heart failure, hypertension, coronary artery disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, depression, pain, and pressure ulcers;
- Program Manual
- Audio CD
- Quick Reference Pocket Guide
- Online study resources