2020 Board of Directors Election is Around the Corner…Volunteer to Serve By June 5!
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Posted by: Kyle Simon
HCAF is seeking volunteers who are interested in serving on the Board of Directors. Seven Board seats are open for candidates to submit their nomination to participate in our upcoming election.
We are now accepting nominations by qualified members interested in volunteering, serving and representing the following segments of our membership:
- Region 2 Director (Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor, Wakulla, and Washington)
- Region 4 Director (Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, St. Johns, and Volusia)
- Region 6 Director (Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee and Polk)
- Region 7 Director (Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole)
- Region 8 Director (Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee, and Sarasota)
- Region 10 Director (Broward)
- Associate Director (Represents the voice of members who are vendors to the industry)
Please note that the term of service is July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2022, for even-numbered Director seats and the Associate Director seat. The Region Director seats will be elected by the member providers in each respective region. The Associate Director seat will be elected by our associate members.
Instructions for submitting your interest in serving and deadline information are provided at the end of this article.
The Region 7 seat will become vacant effective June 1, 2020, with Director Karin Blaquier's resignation notice. The candidate elected to serve in Region 7 will fulfill the remainder of the term, which ends on June 30, 2021. HCAF's Board and staff wish Karin the very best and extend our deepest heartfelt gratitude for many years of service, leadership, and support for our organization and Florida’s home care community. We will keep in touch and welcome her back with open arms someday soon!
We are also very sorry to share that we received Treasurer Anthony Clarizio’s resignation notice too, effective June 30, 2020. Anthony has been a dedicated and major supporter and friend to home care in countless ways for many years, including as an active HCAF member, Region 3 Director for many terms, Treasurer for many terms, Vice President, and two terms as President. Anthony has also been a leader on the policy front through his countless trips to Tallahassee and Washington, D.C. to meet with lawmakers, in addition to his effective fundraising skills for and contributions to the Home Care Political Action Committee. HCAF has been around for many years and it has known some great leaders. Individuals who have left their undying mark on this organization. Anthony is one of those few and we wish him all the best with his new venture in Pennsylvania. His sound guidance, insight, leadership, and passion will be missed by us all.
If you are interested in running in our election for any of the Region or Associate Director positions, please email Monica Smith, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5, 2020 the following items for the online ballot:
- Position you are seeking to serve in on the Board;
- Headshot photo (or give permission to use an existing one that we have on file);
- Your resume or CV; and,
- ‘Statement of candidacy’ that explains why someone should vote for you for the specific position for which you wish to run.
Thank you for your continued support and participation in HCAF.