BFCC-QIO Award and Transition Updates
Monday, July 1, 2019
Posted by: Kyle Simon
KEPRO has been the Beneficiary and Family Centered Care Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QIO) in 33 states and the District of Columbia for the past five years and was recently awarded a new five-year contract by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) covering different states. Effective June 8, 2019, KEPRO will be the BFCC-QIO in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wyoming. As the BFCC-QIO, KEPRO will assist Medicare beneficiaries with quality of care complaints, discharge and service termination appeals, and Immediate Advocacy. If your facility is located in one of the 29 states listed above, please take action on these important two updates:
1. Update Your Appeals Notices
To ensure your Medicare beneficiaries are able to contact KEPRO to make timely appeals, please update information you provide to them, including:
- Post-Acute Care Providers – Update your Notice of Medicare Non-Coverage with KEPRO’s phone number for your region.
- Acute Care Providers – Update your Important Message from Medicare with KEPRO’s phone number for your region.
Region 4 includes Florida. Accordingly, please update KEPRO's contact information as follows:
- Toll-free telephone: (888) 317-0751
- Local telephone: (813) 280-8256
- TTY: (855) 843-4776
- Toll-free fax: (833) 868-4058
- Mailing address: 5201 W. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 900, Tampa, FL 33609
2. Complete a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and Provider Update Form
Visit www.keproqio.com/moa after June 7, 2019, to complete the MOA and Provider Update Form and submit it to KEPRO.
The Social Security Act requires hospitals, critical access hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, hospices, long- term acute care facilities, CORFs, and home health agencies to maintain an MOA with the BFCC-QIO to perform certain functions.
Please visit www.keproqio.com/transition for more information. To subscribe to KEPRO’s e-mail distribution list for important BFCC-QIO updates, visit www.keproqio.com/email.