Bridging from PPS to PDGM
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 • 12:00 – 1:30 P.M. ET • Lunch & Learn Webinar Presentation
Attendees please log in at least 15 minutes before start time.
Click here for a printable brochure
It is estimated that 44% of home health agencies will experience a decrease in reimbursement. In Florida, the average reimbursement change is expected to be -8.4%. Successfully bridging from the Home Health Prospective Payment System (PPS) to the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) takes planning and coordination from all departments.
This presentation compares how two very different home health providers will experience PDGM and the steps to identify the greatest risk as well as what changes your organization will need to make operationally to survive.
1. Participants will know how to identify where the greatest risk in reimbursement under PDGM and how to manage cashflow, budget, and validate revenue under. They will also be able to assess if their Electronic Medical Record system is ready for PDGM.
2. Participants will know how to transition their clinical operations from PPS to PDGM by being able to identify gaps in their clinical delivery system, how to manage Low Utilization Payment Adjustments (LUPA), and when departments are impacted.
3. Participants will know how to manage quality reporting and outcomes while transitioning from PPS to PDGM.
This program will provide 1.5 continuing education units for skilled nursing, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
Robert Simione, CPA, is Director of Data Analytics at Simione Healthcare Consultants, where he focuses on building solutions to manage, analyze, and operationalize data resources related to benchmarking, cost reporting, market intelligence and financial risk assessment. Prior to leading collaborative activities with a variety of information technology companies for Simione, he served more than 10 years in financial consulting, and in corporate and tax accounting.
• HCAF Certified Members: $29
• Associate Members: $29
• Private Duty Members: $58
• Prospective Members: $58
Save time and travel costs and include all your top-level staff who will benefit from this online education opportunity!