The HHA Medicare Cost Report: More than Just a Required Compliance Document
Click here for a printable brochure
This webinar is designed for listeners who want to better understand the purpose and need for the cost report, improve their knowledge of the cost report, or want to optimize and reduce the time needed in preparing the cost report. It will address the importance of the cost report along with the regulatory requirements. It will also describe the cost report package of documents.
After completion of this webinar, the active learner will be able to:
- Learn what is new for 2019 and why not knowing can cause your cost report to be not accepted (5 minutes);
- Explain how to gather and collect the data necessary to compile an accurate and complete cost report (15 minutes);
- Describe the meaning of the various cost centers and the importance of classifying costs (30 minutes);
- Understand the flow of the cost report forms and the importance of statistical allocations and reclassifications (25 minutes); and,
- Share helpful hints when reviewing your completed cost report. (10 minutes).
Meet the Speaker
A highly respected member of the home care and hospice industry for over 30 years, Thomas E. Boyd, MBA, CFE, CHFP, is a nationally recognized expert in Medicare reimbursement, along with expertise in financial analysis, due diligence and accounting. He was inducted into The Home Care & Hospice Financial Managers Association (HHFMA) Hall of Fame in 2013 for his “drive to secure professionalism in the financial management of home health and hospice, his ever present willingness to support the home care community, his never ending passion for accurate cost reporting, his unique and highly informative educational programs, and his deep belief in a team concept.”
Tom served as an intermediary (MAC) auditor for 12 years and as a consultant for five years prior to 1993 when he co-founded Boyd & Nicholas Inc., The Cost Report People®, a firm that grew to become a leader in financial consulting for home care and hospice agencies. Tom joined Simione Healthcare Consultants in 2014 and is their Vice President for Reimbursement.
Tom is a member of the HHFMA work group, The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), and The United States Chess Federation (USCF).
Tom is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP). He earned a B.A. in Management and Accounting from Sonoma State University and his MBA in Business Administration from St. Mary’s College in California. Tom is based in Simione’s Rohnert Park, California office.
This program will provide one (1.5) continuing education unit for skilled nursing, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Technical Business continuing professional education credit for accountants is pending.
- HCAF Certified & Associate Members: $49
- HCAF Private Duty Members: $69
- Prospective Members: $98