The home health care industry, especially in Florida, is being challenged to change and evolve on a daily basis. One of our greatest tests will be adapting to a new Medicare payment methodology. While there are still many unknowns, we can be certain that the therapy reimbursement thresholds will go away.
Please make good use of this time by joining HCAF and engaging in a lively discussion about how best to prepare. There will be drastic changes in our not too distant future, but we can do far better than just survival. We can be smart, start early and work hard to be more successful than we have ever been in the past.
Stop. Take a Break. Network. Get the Latest.
At HCAF's spring meetings, Home Health Strategic Management’s Arnie Cisneros and Kim McCormick, leading experts on home health payment reform models, will share insights on what HHGM means to your agency. You will learn what CMS wants your therapy program to look like, as well as rehab protocols and management for improving your program’s skill and overall value.
In addition to a snapshot of the home care industry landscape, HCAF staff will get attendees up to speed on Medicare and Medicaid legislative and regulatory developments since we last met, including:
- New CoP Survey Update: Each attendee will receive a free survey checklist based upon actual surveys, courtesy of Absolute Healthcare Associates
- ZPIC Auditors Taken to Court: How it impacts audit practices going forward
- Medicare Advantage to Cover Non-Skilled Care: How your agency can grow its patient census through personal care services
- Florida 2018 Legislative Session: Background screening changes, an update on electronic visit verification, and a rundown of what passed and failed for home care
You will leave this meeting armed with the tools to easily pass this critical information on to your staff, which will help you prepare them for the significant changes you will have to put into place. For those who attend an in-person meeting, you will receive free access to a recording of Arnie and Kim’s presentation that you can share with your clinical staff so that they can hear first-hand about the future of home care and how therapy will be utilized. As an added benefit, your staff will earn 2.0 CEUs (SN, OT, ST, PT) making this a valuable but low cost staff in-service opportunity.
Please plan to join us at a District Meeting near you and learn first-hand what the future of home care holds for you!
- Arnie Cisneros, PT, President Home Health Strategic Management
- Kimberly McCormick, RN, BSN, Executive Clinical Director, Home Health Strategic Management
- Bobby Lolley, RN, Home Care Association of Florida
- Kyle Simon, Home Care Association of Florida
This program will provide 3.0 continuing education units for skilled nursing, occupational therapy, and speech therapy (PT pending).
- Certified & Associate Members: $49
- Private Duty & Others: $98
Rates increase $10 one week prior to the event.
Thank You To Our Sponsors