Last week's Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Open Door Forum included an update on home health claims processing and quality reminders, including:
- CMS claims processing staff announced that the National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC) recently approved a new value code (85) to report Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) state and county codes in relationship to the CY 2019 rural add on changes. CMS will issue a formal notice on this new value code following publication of the final CY 2019 home health payment rule later this year. This value code does NOT replace the CBSA code as that is still needed.
- An OASIS-D guidance ERRATA is available in the Downloads section of OASIS Users Manual webpage.
- Agencies that they are responsible for monitoring data submission by their selected vendor and ensuring that their HHCAHPS vendors are submitting surveys on a timely basis.
- Data submission deadlines for HHCAHPS are the third Thursday of the assigned month (January, April, July, and October). The next deadline is October 18, so please check your data prior to that date.
- Agencies are responsible for submitting a list of patients on a monthly basis to their HHCAHPS vendors in a timely manner.
- If a HHA has switched vendors, please contact RTI to make sure that the current vendor is authorized to submit your data and that your former vendor has been removed.
- HHCAHPS vendors are required to get CMS approval to display a provider's name and/or logo to ensure HIPAA requirements are met.