Security & Data Loss Prevention: How to Prepare for Ransomware & Other Cyber Attacks
Webinar: August 15, 2017 | 3:00-4:30pm EST
Cybercrime is one of the top economic crimes in the world, with cost estimates soon to reach into the trillions. Not only have victim demographics expanded from the large well-known organizations to the small and mid-sized, healthcare providers are now a consistent target. The recent ransomware attacks, and threats of more to come, have raised questions regarding security and available protection mechanisms.
This webinar will review the critical areas of concern within your environment, provide insight, and offer tools to defend against these attacks. It will also focus on recovery and the importance of preparing for data loss.
• Types of Security Attacks
• Symptoms of an Attack
• Common Methods Used to Infiltrate Networks
• Importance of a Security-Minded Network Design
• Methods to Control Data Flow to Reduce Risks
• Vulnerable Areas and How Those Risks Relate to Your Environment
• Malware Protection Mechanisms and Deployment
• Monitoring, Alerting and Prevention Methods
• Impact of Data Loss and Ways to Mitigate the Risk
• Data Restoration Methods and the Importance of a Working Data-Protection Policy
• List of trusted online analysis tools
• Reference websites
• General security assessment checklist
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for IT and operations personnel, security and compliance officers and executives. Although this information is technical in nature, all senior management will benefit due to how the topic relates to risk analysis.
About the Presenter
Ricky Smith is the President of Innovative Business Technologies, a SOC II compliant Cloud Service Provider and Managed IT Service organization that works primarily with healthcare providers. Prior to IBT, Ricky spent 11 years with the homecare and hospice product group, McKesson Information Solutions. As Director of Technical Services, he became passionate about IT’s ability to facilitate patient care. In addition to 19 years in IT health-care, Ricky spent several years as a systems engineer and telecommunications technician in a high-profile financial and chemical engineering sector. Ongoing research on technology trends, as it relates to healthcare providers, allows him to maintain expertise in data security, compliance, business continuity and risk analysis.
HCAF Members $89
Click here for a printable brochure